Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get to the Kyoto station from the Kansai International Airport?
- From Kansai airport to Kyoto, you can take JR Haruka or Limousine bus, both transportations take the same times, 1 hour and a half with no transfer. One-way ticket for Limousine bus is 2600 Yen, one-way ticket for JR Haruka is 1600 Yen (to get this price, please take your passport with travel visa and ICOCA and purchase the ticket at ticket counter. If you buy the ticket on a ticket vending machine it will be 2850 Yen)
- How to check-in?
- As our guesthouse is whole Machiya Rental, our staff will not near your house for 24h. However, as Kyoto Las, check in procedure needs to be finished face to face, so please come to our reception near Toji Temple for your check in procedure.
Toji Temple is a famous travelling spot in Kyoto, so we also suggest you to have a look before or after your check in.
If you would like to check in at the guesthouse, it will takes you 3000 Yen since June 1st, 2023. Please contact us in advance so that we can adjust our staffs schedule.
41,Tojihigashimonzencho, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8428
12mins walk from Kyoto Station Hachijoguchi, 7 mins walk from Kintetsu Line Toji Station
- How to pay accommodation tax?
- The online payment includes accommodation tax. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
- Do you have guest house license?
- All of our facility is legitimized and licensed, please do not worry.
- How many languages are available in your reception?
- We are now having staffs who can speak Japanese, Chinese and English.
Depending on the staff situation on the day, some foreign languages may not be available. note that.
- About smoking
- Smoke is strictly banned at facility and around facility.
We have put ashtrays in some of our facilities. Please ask staffs for details.
- Can I use credit card?
- Yes, of course. We take VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, JCB, DC, WeChat pay and Alipay.
- Do you have airport shuttle service?
- Sorry, we do not provide any airport shuttle service.
- Any amenities and towels?
- We provide towels, bath towels, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, toothbrush and cottons.
- Is there any condiment provided if I want to cook myself?
- We prepare IH cooker, pots, chopsticks and bowls in most of our properties. Please check our listings of our guesthouses or mail us directly for more details. However, we are sorry that we do not provide any condiment at our facility. Please prepare them on your own if needed.
- Is there a shuttle bus service sending me to the facility?
- We are sorry that we don’t provide shuttle services.
- Is there any parking for the bikes and cars around the facilities?
- There is no parking at the facility or around. Please park in the pay parking lot nearby.
If needed, please ask our staff when check-in.
- Can I drop my luggage?
- On your check-in and check-out day, drop your luggage at our reception is for free.
On the other day, we will charge 1000Yen for each per day.
- Can I use the internet during my stay?
- We provide Wi-Fi, staff will tell you the ID and password when check-in.
- Can I send my luggage to your place before I come?
- Yes, of course. Please send your luggage to our reception and that is for free.
Please make sure you write the following information when you send：
Reservation name, check-in date and the house name (if you know)
Sorry but we can not keep your luggage for too long. Please make sure the luggage will arrive at our reception on the check-in day or the day before stay.
Please pay your delivery fee when you send them, we cannot pay it instead.
Tsumugi Reception in front of the East Gate of Toji Temple
〒601-8428 41 Higashimonzen-cho, Toji, Minami-ku, Kyoto City
A 12-minute walk from the Hachijo Exit of Kyoto Station, a 7-minute walk from Kintetsu Toji Station
+≪Name（reservation name）+ check-in day≫
- What is the check-out time? Can we extend? How can I check out？
- Check-out time is 10:00 AM.
The extension will take 1000 yen per 30 minutes. (Depends on the day, there is a possibility that you cannot extend, please also understand.)
We do not request procedure for check-out. Please check the room to make sure that you will not forget your belongings and leaving the room before 10am.
- What if we arrive late?
- Last check-in is 24:00.
The reception is open 24 hours a day, but if you will be arriving late, please let us know in advance.
- Do you have any cleaning service?
- We do not provide any cleaning service during your stay.
- If I would like to stay longer, can I get any discount?
- There are some discount for long-stay guests, please also check it on websites.
- What should I do if I need to make some changes for my reservation?
- We ask that you make changes from the site where you made your reservation. If you cannot change your plan or schedule, please contact us by phone or email. Additional charges may be incurred or reduced depending on the content of the change. We do not accept changes on the day of check-in or the day before, so please contact us at least 2 days in advance.
- What do I need to do when I check-in?
- Please show us your passport(s) if you are not from japan and fill out some documents to do check-in procedure.
And please be noticed that you need to pay for the accommodation tax when you check in.
- Can you provide pajamas, Yukata or Kimonos? （Even for rental
- We are sorry that we cannot provide clothes above to you. You need to prepare by yourselves.